Facebook Apps for Students and Educators
It has been long argued that Facebook has no place in education. Yet, most would be shocked by the relevance it has among teachers and students. One of the strongest arguments for the use of Facebook in schools is the mere fact that it is a website in which students want to use, and probably already routinely use. As Facebook progressively gains acceptance, the question then stands: how should Facebook be applied to endorse learning?
Facebook apps are an excellent way to use Facebook in the classroom. In fact, this social networking site has a plethora of apps made specifically for productivity and learning. Here is a short list of Facebook apps that are perfect for teachers and students to use:
- weRead- This is a great way for educators to share books they are reading with their students! With this app, students and teachers can write book reviews, join a book club, give book recommendations, and more.
- WorldCat- This app allows students and educators to research topics and share the information with others.
- Ace Flashcards App- Educators can introduce this app to students when exams are near approaching. It will allow them to create flashcards, look up words, study, and more.
- Hoot.me- Students can connect and collaborate about school work and classroom projects with this app.
- Zoho Online Office- A great app to save, share and team up on documents and presentations online and within Facebook.
Now that I have given you a head start on some Facebook apps to use, it is up to you to get creative with how you use them to enhance the learning process! Do you know of any additional Facebook apps that would be beneficial to education?