Halloween-Themed Lesson Ideas
Halloween is about a week away, and instead of passing out endless amounts of candy to students, why not try something different? I have collected some Halloween-themed lesson ideas that will not only provide a festive feel, but also encourage learning. I have even broken them down by subject:
- Science Bob shares some interesting Halloween experiments that you can check out HERE. I particularly like the Static Dancing Ghost—students could research what happens with the electrons to make this work.
- TeachHub provides a list of five Halloween Science demonstrations— it would be neat to reveal answers to an assignment using the “Black Light Magic” idea.
- Use this Pasta Skeleton idea as inspiration! Students can create a pasta skeleton and label the bones for Anatomy practice.
- In this lesson idea, students use an online tool to create a pumpkin and then write a story about it.
- This blog shares some neat Halloween sentence building, vocabulary, and writing printables!
- Show this infographic to students, and then encourage them to write and craft their own using Paint or PowerPoint.
- Candy Corn Math kit- These interactive candy corn activities allow students to exercise their addition and subtraction skills. They can also practice writing their own story problems!
- Geometry practice worksheet- Students measure the angles in a spider web using a protractor. Very creative!
- Laminate paper-made pumpkins and use candy corn as their teeth. Students use their teeth to complete addition and subtraction activities—example shown HERE. You could even take it a step further and incorporate multiplication and division.
Will you be celebrating Halloween with your students? If so, what will you be doing? Follow our Halloween pinterest board for additional resources!